GLASS-ED Virtual Dressage Shows 2021
Submission Dates are:
May 1-15, 2021- Judges: Cynthia Garem, L, & Joanne Coy, L, WR
June 1-15, 2021 – Judges:Lisa DelMundo, L, & Janice Smith , L
July 1-15, 2021 – Judges: Dominique Ferguson, L & Marie Maloney, L & R
Aug 1-15, 2021 – Judges: Beth Barritt, L & R & Janice Mumford, L & R
GLASS-ED is excited to be able to bring the show to you at home. Whether you feel like you and your horse are not ready for the show environment, you don’t have a trailer, or maybe you don’t yet feel comfortable with the possibility of exposure due to you or a close family member’s underlying health conditions. We hope that this offers you an educational way to get feedback from the judge and satisfies your competitive nature.
Here are a few rules/ guidelines for submitting tests for the virtual show.
1. The video must be made from behind C, and in a dressage arena with letters. The arena dimensions should be as close to regulation size as possible but we will be a little flexible – small arena 20m x 40m (66′ x 132′) large arena 20m x 60m (66′ x 198′).
2. The video should be one continuous flow. No splicing video segments together.
3. Each test has a time limit. Your video should be no longer than 1 minute over the time listed on the test.
4. Please do not zoom in too closely, the judge needs to see at least a portion of the arena and letters.
5. The Video may not be a ride from a previous show. The date and time must be shown at the beginning of the video. This can be written on a piece of paper and recorded before the ride starts, or any device showing the current date.
6. Video must be taken in landscape mode.
7. At the conclusion of the ride the video should both side of the horse with rider to show equipment. The bridle should be dropped after the ride so the judge can see that the bridle and bit are legal for the test ridden. The video should clearly show the bridle and bit.
8. Formal show attire is not required, but apparel should be neat and clean, reflect the discipline being ridden. All rules regarding equipment will be enforced.
9. Upload the test to your personal YouTube account. Be sure your settings allow others to view it. This link will be included in your entry form. Instructions on loading a video are here:
10. Virtual Year End Awards can be earned by signing up before you ride your tests. Points from Actual shows and Virtual shows can not be combined.
Payment may be made thru PayPal directly.
Questions may be directed to Tereasa Hufstedler, THuf1960@gmail.com
Opening and closing dates are listed on the entry form. Once the show has reached its closing date, all entries will be organized into classes. The show entries will be sent to the officiating judge. The judge will watch and score the tests on an electronic form with feedback. The judge will then send the tests back to the organizer, where the classes will be placed. Tests will then be emailed to the rider. No ribbons will be awarded. The scores will follow the directives on the published tests. For electronic scoring, the score sheet will have abbreviated directives. Riders should review published USEF or WDAA tests to see the full directives when reviewing feedback. Results will be posted on both Facebook and the GLASS-ED website.
The GLASS-ED board hopes this virtual show platform offers our members yet another affordable learning opportunity. We hope to see a good turnout.
Virtual Dressage Show Entry form
Entries with video links can be submitted within the dates listed for the show you have signed up for
Rides will be judged one week after closing date.